How snowbirds are migrating back amid skyrocketing gas prices and covid recovery.
Gasoline is skyrocketing, snowbirds are returning home after months in the south, and products are more expensive. What to do?
Winter has begun to let up, and spring is in sight. Meanwhile, hundreds of snowbirds are preparing to return home after a few sunny, warm months in the southern states.
You’re probably one of them. And now, you must be wondering what to do with your car: drive it yourself or have it transported to your front door?
What can you do?
The trip is long, and not everyone wants to spend hours stuck in traffic or on the dangerous backroads that winter leaves in its wake.
So, the short answer is: transport your car, don’t drive! Do it with a reliable company, and you’ll see that it can even be more affordable than you might imagine, convenient, and above all, safe.
Snowbirds transport services in times of rising fuel prices
Rising transportation and service costs during this time of migration back home come as no surprise for those who regularly make this trip. However, with fuel prices at almost six dollars a gallon in some states, some may be wondering if it’s cheaper to drive or have their car transported.
For those who choose to drive, with rising fuel prices, many products and services that you tend to need for a long trip home have also increased, such as food, hotels, and maintenance, adding to the overall cost of driving back.
In addition to the ballooning cost, here are a few additional factors to consider:
- Time and Uncertainties
Long trips driving can be dangerous and time-consuming. On average you may be traveling 1500 to 3000 miles, 5 to 8 hours a day, and encountering fatigue, changes in weather, road conditions, and sketchy roadside stop.
- Freeway Congestion
You are not the only one traveling back home. From January to April, many people will be in the same situation, resulting in traffic jams and adding more time to your trip.
- Unforeseen Cost
When traveling long distances, you must include in your budget all the added costs: meals, fuel, possible mechanical repairs, hotels, and, most importantly, time!
- Vehicle Maintenance and Insurance
At a time when used vehicle inventory is low and new car prices are high, adding extra miles and maintenance to your vehicle will lower its reliability and increase your need to replace it sooner. In addition, the shortage of parts is causing the cost of maintenance to rise, and extra miles may increase your insurance rates.
For those who choose to get their car transported, you’ll be surprised that even though gas prices are high, the cost of vehicle transportation combined with relatively low airfare, won’t cost as much as you may think.
According to CNN, The consumer price index shows that airfares are up about 13% in February compared to a year prior, but that’s still down 16% from where they stood in February 2020, before the pandemic decimated demand for air travel.CNN
Other than cost, there isn’t much risk in having your car transported. Vehicles can be delivered to your door in as little as 3 to 5 days, allowing you to spend a few more days under the southern sun and on a relaxing plane trip home.
To ensure you have a positive car transportation experience, here are a few tips:
- Book in advance, and get a car shipping quote to find out how much it will cost.
- Return in seasons with the best fares. To learn more about this, you can go to our page on How Seasonality affects the cost of shipment.
- Choose the type of trailer that best suits your budget, enclosed or open. Be flexible with your pick-up and delivery times.
Ultimately the decision to drive or have your car transported comes down to price, convenience, safety, and time. Learn about our auto transport services or get an instant car shipping quote to find out how much it will cost.
Why Choose RCG Logistics?
We have spent more than a decade creating in-house technology, working and planning detailed routes and processes that prevent drivers, and consumers from incurring excessive costs.
With this technology, the staff can keep track of:
1. Vehicles speed: Every time the driver increases 5 miles over the suggested speed limit, the cost per gallon of gas increases by 20 cents. With technology, this can be minimized.
2. Routes and dispatch: With artificial intelligence and continuous reports, our team can give drivers real-time suggestions on the best routes. This allows them to be more efficient and avoid mishaps.
3. Customer Service: Whether you’re a first-time customer or a returning client, you’ll receive the same level of high-quality customer care. Since 2005, our door-to-door transport services have been built on referrals from happy customers.
BONUS: We negotiate with all parties in the transportation chain and, in that sense, find the best prices and delivery times for our snowbirds.
Check our nationwide car shipping services and get a free car shipping quote now!