The safest way to ship motorcycles is in an enclosed trailer. This will protect it from the elements and can be strapped down and safely transported.
Things to consider with shipping motorcycles:
- If your motorcycle can be transported in one trip: It is possible to have your motorcycle transported on open trailer, however it will susceptible to theft and weather damage and it’s recommended for short distance and without stops.
- If you are on a tight timeline: We can find a carrier to haul your motorcycle on an open transport trailer than arrange shipment on a large, enclosed, multi-motorcycle transport trailer.
- If you have more than one, we can ship multiple in an enclosed trailer. Our drivers are trained, experienced and qualified to ensure proper transportation and delivery.
- Due to the size of enclosed trailers, it maybe necessary to deliver to a location that would be safe for you and the carrier.
Why choose RCG
Open or Crate Shipped
Whether your motorcycle is in a crate or open, we can transport them using a safe and secure fully enclosed dry van of an LTL (less-than-truckload) freight carrier.
Easy & Affordable
We will find the best solution that will fit within
your situation and budget.
With our vast network of open carriers, we can quickly pickup and deliver your asset.
- Thoroughly clean your motorcycle
- Note chips, dings, scratches or other cosmetic damages
- Write down any mechanical issues or problems
- Take pictures of your bike from several angles, along with detail shots of existing damage
- Inflate tires
- Charge the battery
- Fill gas tank to 1/4 or 1/2 full
- Check and fix all fluid leaks
Start here – we’ll get you the best value possible