While shipping your vehicle may seem straightforward, there are many ways your vehicle shipping can go wrong. We’ve heard of all kinds, from poor customer services, and frauds to companies that hold your vehicle until you pay extra. Unfortunately, consumers are not always well protected in the auto transport industry.
Here are 3 ways to protect yourself from bad transport services
Pictures speak louder than words
When looking for a car shipper, find one that provides pictures and inspection reports. Reliable companies will always take photos of the vehicle’s condition and provide a detailed inspection report, before and after delivery. This not only protects consumers but the company and drivers. Check the company’s policies in case of damage and the steps to claim if necessary.
Cheap is not always good
Today most car shippers you find online are probably brokers. Brokers connect customers with car haulers across the country, providing convenience and competitive pricing for consumers.
Unfortunately, not all brokers are committed to quality service. Some will provide you with a low price to gain your trust and business. Then, because the price is less than the market rate and lower than what a driver will be willing to transport, you’ll be left with not having your car transported and owning the brokerage’s fees.
Be meticulous before you sign
All reputable brokers, carriers, and independent drivers will require you to sign a contract. Be sure to read your contract, and do not hesitate to ask questions if you do not understand something. Not all companies do business the same way, so choose communicative, easily traceable, and identifiable companies that are willing to work with you and for you.
Why Choose RCG Logistics when Shipping your Vehicle
At RCG, we’ve been in business for almost two decades. Our agents are here to answer any questions you may have. From the first moment you get your online quote or talk with one of our agents, you start receiving all our information, clearly and transparently.
Unlike other brokers who take your money upfront and leave you to pay the drivers, we will be there from pick-up to delivery. Our customer service agents will work on your behalf, ensuring there are no hiccups along the way.
In addition to the insurance required by law, we count on extra insurance to further protect our customers from financial risks. That means that, in most cases, we can cover the entire price of the car in the unlikely event of a total loss.
Higher Standards for shipping your vehicle
When working with a fully insured and bonded company, like us, you are sure to get:
- Stringent admission processes for carriers and suppliers entering the business.
- The highest safety standards for carriers, drivers, and vehicles.
- Constant monitoring and removal of carriers and unsafe vehicles.
Beyond insurance, the best way to defend and protect yourself from Internet Fraudulent companies and deceptive business practices is to be well informed. When seeking services, keep in mind:
- Car transporters and brokers are not the same. The last ones are only intermediaries between the companies and you. Be very skeptical of any website where it is difficult to tell if it is a broker or a transporter. And, as we always recommend you here, go even more for logistic transport companies, like RCG. That ensures that the business will take care of the entire process, from start to finish, without you having to deal with carriers, pricing variables, damages, or brokers.
- All auto transport brokers or carriers must be registered with FMCSA, to obtain a six-digit “MC Docket” and a seven-digit “USDOT” number. For all legally conformed companies should be easy to show you these numbers and for you to check their validity here.
The importance of technology in client’s protection
Our tech team has been developing in-house technology tools that optimize and improve customers’ car shipping experiences.
1. A client portal: customers get notified as soon as we pick up, move and deliver the car.
2. Asset tracking: to get the precise location of your vehicle while in transit with GPS and mobile tracking.
3. Electronic Signatures: With eBOL technology that captures electronic signatures and records names from origin and delivery.
We use proprietary historical data, origin relationships, mobile dispatch, and advanced route optimization to meet our clients’ SLA requirements. Our compliant and efficient dispatch model utilizes a logistics platform that focuses on API integrations and automation to reduce overhead and turnaround speed for our clients.
Our staff also has periodical training in loading and unloading vehicles, and internal processes to minimize damage.
Those steps ensure clients have all the terms understood and agreed upon before and after shipping.
Not unpleasant surprises, not over costs or hidings.
If you can think of other ways consumers can protect themselves when purchasing transportation services, write to us. We would love to hear from you!