Enclosed Car Transport
Enclosed Transport Features
When looking to transport your vintage vehicle or a sports car in showroom condition enclosed is the best way to go. Enclosed car trailers are custom made to accommodate vehicles with low ground clearance with the use of hydraulic lift gates. Furthermore, shipping enclosed dramatically decreases the likelihood of your car being damaged in transit as it will not be exposed to unexpected hazards at any point of the shipment.
- Drop Floors – to fit more cars and provide better value
- Lift Gate – to load cars with minimal ground clearance
- Climate Controlled – to prevent weather damage, cold or heat
- Higher Insurance Coverage – in case the unthinkable happens
- Secure Straps – Straps are used instead of chains to protect suspension
Cost to Ship Enclosed
Enclosed auto carriers are limited in space & can only carry between 2 – 7 vehicles. In addition the specialized equipment is more expensive to obtain and service. Ensuring the extra protection to your vehicle requires more experienced drivers & will always cost more. On average enclosed rates are about 40% more expensive than traditional auto transport. Enclosed shipping is recommended for transporting classics, ultra-luxury or custom show cars.
Hard side enclosed trailers protect from: rough weather, fly away debris, rocks, dirt, fluid drips, glass damage & other hazards.
Hard-side vs Soft-side Enclosed
If given a choice always choose hard-side. While soft-side is a better alternative to open car haulers it will not provide all of the benefits of a fully enclosed trailer. In addition, soft-side enclosed trailers are usually a bit cheaper to book but are not always equipped with a lift gate and do not protect from dust and frost.
Ship your vehicle ENCLOSED
- Vehicle has little ground clearance
- Exterior needs weather protection
- Irreplaceable car or a rare exotic