Position: full-time, exempt
Pay Range: $70,000 – $100,000 / year
What Do We Do?
RCG Logistics works with financial institutions, remarketing companies, and consumers to provide reliable vehicle shipping with an emphasis on speed, safety, and compliance. We are a dependable partner to help deal with all challenges of a modern supply chain. As a non-asset-based carrier, we leverage our highly trained employees to take advantage of latest technology in freight management to deliver excellent results. With a highly qualified network of 8,000+ carriers we have the market reach and economy of scale not available to smaller logistics providers which fuels our incredible growth.
Who We Are
Do you want to work for a company that will reward you for your hard work? RCG Logistics is rapidly growing, and we are looking for self-driven employees who enjoy working hard and looking to start an exciting new career in the past two years we have gone from 12 employees to 90. As we continue to grow, we are committed to promoting internally for new management positions.
Come experience a fun, positive work environment! We recognize our staff and reward them for their hard work.
As a Drayage Account Manager, you will focus on securing the proper carrier and equipment at an acceptable price around the SLA required to pick up the customer’s goods on time from ports and intermodal terminals while avoiding any penalty or additional storage fees to either the company or client. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies as well as dock/warehouse locations and help them optimize their fleet while meeting internal company compliance, requirements, and SLA. You will secure capacity to ensure shipments move in accordance with customer expectations and/or to enable digital matching of equipment to freight.
This role combines vendor sales, account management, and operational execution to meet the transportation needs of our customers. Looking for candidates specifically with drayage, warehouse utilization and intermodal industry experience. We are seeking individuals with industry knowledge (Freight Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Direct Importer Logistics division etc)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee container shipments from the time it leaves origin through the entire cycle of container.
- Forecasting, tracing and tracking, procuring drayage providers all over the US, ensure SLA are met with general client oversight.
- Secures van and flatbed carriers from internal database, placing outbound calls and taking inbound calls generated from load boards. Autonomously negotiates commitments with carriers for volume, lane, and/or rates in alignment with longer term and/or strategic business opportunities.
- Keep track of container and chassis availability to meet deadlines.
- Matches capacity to shipments so that assigned and posted freight moves in accordance with customer expectations and shipment updates are recorded and customer is notified
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, determines the best course of action and implements solutions. Works closely with internal partners (compliance, sales or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Utilizes and interprets carrier analytics and internal pricing tools to guide informed buying/negotiating decisions that are within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Continuously leverages technology tools for booking automation and drive efficiency.
- Seeks to automate carrier sourcing activities. Accountable to learn and understand all automation tool options and keep abreast of industry changes or trends.
- Develops alternative capacity such as rail, drop trailer, dedicated capacity and multi-leg movements as well as traditional coverage.
- A minimum of two years of drayage (import/export) on a national scale with with a 3PL company or high-volume shipper
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and/or GSuite products – email and spreadsheets.
- Service-oriented attitude, approaches their work, takes action and makes decisions in the best interests of the customer and carrier.
- Takes personal accountability and consistently demonstrates follow through on the expectations of their role.
- Has shown negotiation skills that reach outcomes that are mutually beneficial to the customer and carrier.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, has demonstrated the ability to manage their time to ensure role expectations are completed with quality and within required timeframes.
Climate controlled office environment, sitting for extended periods of time, working on computer, with dual screens, typing, and answering phones.
RCG Logistics LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RCG Logistics LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
RCG Logistics LLC. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of RCG Logistics LLC.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.