When buying a vehicle in a different state from an auto auction it is important to be aware of potential problems and financials risk. Some auctions charge storage fees, others have limited hours and strict policies on loading cars.
|Days of Free Storage||5||4||unlimited||10|
|Forklift to Load||yes||yes||no||varies|
|Loading Gate Fee||$30||$35||N/A||$0|
|Hours of Operation||M-F: 8-5pm||M-F: 8-5pm||24/7||M-S: 8-8pm|
To transport a car from auction you will need:
- Gate Pass: Document required to pick up a car at Manheim after-hours from the guard shack
- Buyer #: Required for both IAAI & Copart
- Stock/Lot #: Inventory number for the vehicle being picked up
- VIN #: The full 17 digits or at the last 6 is required for verification
Handling inspections and damages:
- Prior to Pickup:Upon request the driver can perform a visual inspection for specific items.
- During Transport:Damaged vehicles can be covered and loose parts tied.
- On Delivery: To unload a non-running vehicle make arrangements for a fork lift or tow-truck.
Manheim Auction Dealer’s auction for wholesale vehicles. Not open the general public, used by financing companies & car manufacturers for remarketing.
QCSA An umbrella of independent auction houses, Salvage Direct and Crashed Toys, specialize in the sale of cars and trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, boats, personal watercraft & other vehicles.