*Please note that this is not a remote position*
Do you want to work for a company that will reward you for your hard work? RCG Logistics is the fastest growing company in Sacramento (Inc Magazine) and we are looking for self-driven employees who enjoy working hard and looking to start an exciting new career. In the past 22 months we have gone from 12 employees to about 90 and our business has tripled in the past few months.
- Secures van and flatbed carriers from internal database, placing outbound calls and taking inbound calls generated from load boards. Autonomously negotiates commitments with carriers for volume, lane, and/or rates in alignment with longer term and/or strategic business opportunities.
- Develops a deep understanding of carrier’s business, goals, preferences, capabilities, equipment and expertise to maximize the relationship, capacity utilization and carrier satisfaction. Maintains and grows relationships through regular phone calls and emails.
- Uses expertise and knowledge of the market and carrier preferences to source and provide capacity in spot market environments.
- Matches capacity to shipments so that assigned and posted freight moves in accordance with customer expectations and shipment updates are recorded and customer is notified
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, determines the best course of action and implements solutions. Works closely with internal partners (compliance, sales or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Proactively posts available loads to enable efficient matching of freight to equipment.
- Utilizes and interprets carrier analytics and internal pricing tools to guide informed buying/negotiating decisions that are within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Continuously leverages technology tools for booking automation and drive efficiency.
- Seeks to automate carrier sourcing activities. Accountable to learn and understand all automation tool options and keep abreast of industry changes or trends.
- Develops alternative capacity such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity and multi-leg movements as well as traditional coverage.
- A minimum of one year of carrier sales experience on a national scale with a 3PL company or high volume shipper.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and/or GSuite products – email and spreadsheets
- Service-oriented attitude: approaches their work, takes action and makes decisions in the best interests of the customer and carrier.
- Takes personal accountability and consistently demonstrates follow through on the expectations of their role.
- Has shown negotiation skills that reach outcomes that are mutually beneficial to the customer and carrier.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment, has demonstrated the ability to manage their time to ensure role expectations are completed with quality and within required time frames.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year