*Please note that this is not a remote position*
- Secures van and flatbed carriers from internal database, placing outbound calls and taking inbound calls generated from load boards. Autonomously negotiates commitments with carriers for volume, lane, and/or rates in alignment with longer term and/or strategic business opportunities.
- Develops a deep understanding of carrier’s business, goals, preferences, capabilities, equipment and expertise to maximize the relationship, capacity utilization and carrier satisfaction. Maintains and grows relationships through regular phone calls and emails.
- Uses expertise and knowledge of the market and carrier preferences to source and provide capacity in spot market environments.
- Matches capacity to shipments so that assigned and posted freight moves in accordance with customer expectations and shipment updates are recorded and customer is notified
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, determines the best course of action and implements solutions. Works closely with internal partners (compliance, sales or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Proactively posts available loads to enable efficient matching of freight to equipment.
- Utilizes and interprets carrier analytics and internal pricing tools to guide informed buying/negotiating decisions that are within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Continuously leverages technology tools for booking automation and drive efficiency.
- Seeks to automate carrier sourcing activities. Accountable to learn and understand all automation tool options and keep abreast of industry changes or trends.
- Develops alternative capacity such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity and multi-leg movements as well as traditional coverage.
- A minimum of one year of carrier sales experience on a national scale with a 3PL company or high volume shipper.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and/or GSuite products – email and spreadsheets
- Service-oriented attitude: approaches their work, takes action and makes decisions in the best interests of the customer and carrier.
- Takes personal accountability and consistently demonstrates follow through on the expectations of their role.
- Has shown negotiation skills that reach outcomes that are mutually beneficial to the customer and carrier.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment, has demonstrated the ability to manage their time to ensure role expectations are completed with quality and within required time frames.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year